Viewing my blog posts




Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! In order for the posts to make more sense, I would encourage you to read "The Start of It All"first so that you will understand the context the other posts are written in. You can find this in the archive below. God bless!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Perfect Day

Last Saturday morning as my mind was rehearsing Friday's events, I had the thought "Wow, yesterday really was a 'perfect' day!" It had started off with time spent with my Ultimate BFF, my Abba Father, conversation with one of my other bff's Nena (which  amazingly was her last day in the corporate world thanks to the fact that she would be busy promoting her new book 'Toes in the Sand', which had also gone into print on  that very day) , singing praises and dancing to my new "Third Day CD's (thankfully noone was watching or listening other than God), going to lunch and shopping with another one of my bff's Pamela (where I bagged some GREAT deals, which only God could have orchestrated), secured two more advertisements for Hoover Bucs Baseball (which ultimately saved my husband and I at least $300), and then got the surprise of this year when another bff Alyson called with tickets to the Brady Paisley tickets. Now I had had a very good day up til then, but it was about to get better!

 She told me she thought they were pretty good tickets, but wasn't sure where they were.  We picked up the tickets, paid $50 dollars, nabbed 1 of the last two parking spots in the deck, and made our way to the civic center to find someone that could show us where our seats were.  The usual spot on the ticket that displays your Section, read only CONT.  The lady we asked, smiled at our ignorance and enthusiasticly pointed to the fourth row of the bottom floor, right next to the stage! " Oh my gosh!!! Oh my gosh!!!" Alyson and I screamed in unison! If we screamed those three words once, we must have screamed them 20 times before making our way to the floor. It was like Christmas morning when you are a child and you receive an unexpected gift that just blows you away!

To say the least, we VERY MUCH enjoyed the concert, which opened with Jeremy Niebert and Darius Rucker. It ended with 2 hours worth of Brad Paisley. There were many times that we were close enough to touch all of them, and actually they did slap our hands as they went by, on more than one occasion. We acted like teenagers and gave Alyson's son Brooks, who was in the upper deck, lots to be embarassed and envious of. Reading Brooks text to my son, Brady later, I laughed out loud as Brooks told Brady how we were the only two on our row standing up and dancing, even though Paisley hadn't come out yet.  He finished with "Dude, we got some redneck moms!"  Redneck or not, it was simply the "perfect" ending to a "perfect" day.

Laying there in bed, having reviewed most of this in my mind, I concluded with a gasp,"Of course it was a "perfect" day-"---it was 2/11/11!!!!!!