Viewing my blog posts




Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! In order for the posts to make more sense, I would encourage you to read "The Start of It All"first so that you will understand the context the other posts are written in. You can find this in the archive below. God bless!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The "Timely" Texts

Nena was scheduled to speak publicly about her new book, "Toes In the Sand", the same day that my family and I were driving to Memphis to see my cousin perform in the musical "Shrek". I texted Nena to ask what time her speech was supposed to start,telling her that I would pray for her during the speech.  I glanced at my cell phone after finishing the text and almost jumped out of my seat. The text was timed at 11:11!!! 

Later that night I was feeling bad that, despite having started to pray at 5:31 and praying almost the entire time she was speaking, I had not followed up with a text to see how the speech had gone.  She responded, we texted a line or two about how fabulously it was received ,about how God had shone up and how she had actually recieved a standing ovation!!! Not bad for the first time speaking in public, huh? As she put down her phone, she gasped loud enough for her husband to ask what was the matter. The clock in the car read 11:11!!!